You Won’t Get A Sales Job If You Can’t Even Sell Yourself
When looking for a sales role, the first thing you need to do is sell yourself. Here is some great questions to help you land your dream sales role.
Posted by Charlie Adshead, Sales Recruiter, Friday November 16 2018
If you are going for a sales position then you ultimately have to make sure that you are able to promote yourself. To help you succeed I have collated a list of questions you may be asked. My successful candidates get the job because they are able to confidentially answer most of the below questions – make sure you put the leg work in if you really want to get the job.
Entry level interview questions
- What motivates you as a sales professional?
- How comfortable are you with cold-calling?
- How would you describe your ideal sales manager?
- How do you feel about meeting face to face with clients and giving presentations?
- What skills do you believe make for a great sales representative?
- Why did you choose sales as a profession?
- How would you describe the selling style of your former manager?
- Where would you like to see yourself improve in the area of sales?
- Can you give me an example of where you have had to demonstrate resilience
- What sales personalities do you admire and why?
Mid-level interview questions
- What traits do you believe make up the most effective sales representatives?
- What sales quotas are you accustomed to?
- How long was the average sales cycle at your previous jobs?
- How would you describe your sales technique?
- How much was an average sale at your previous position?
- Can you give me an example of a complex contract negotiation you’ve completed and how you did it?
- What are some common hurdles you’re facing right now as a sales representative in your current position?
- Give me an example of how you handled a difficult client in order to get the sale, and what did you learn from the experience?
- How would you describe your ideal sales position? How did your past company obtain its leads?
- How closely do you work with other divisions?
Senior management/Director interview questions
- What is your typical average order value and what’s the largest deal you’ve secured to date?
- What percentage of leads did you convert into sales at your past job?
- How would you describe your ideal sales lead?
- Can you give me an example pitch of the product or service you were selling at your previous position?
- Who were your most profitable target markets at your previous jobs?
- Who would you say our largest competitors are and what are they doing well?
- How would you sell our brand in 30 seconds? What USP’s do we have?
- Where do you rank in your sales team for revenue generated YTD?
- YOY targets for the last 3 years – percentage of targets achieved.
- What is your sales approach for a new prospect?
Good Luck in landing your dream Sales Role.
0 Comments :