Sales Interview Questions To Ask And Prepare For
Have a sales interview coming up? Want to test yourself and make sure you've got all the likely answers prepared? Look no further!
Posted by Harriet Johnston, Sales Recruiter, Wednesday August 10 2016
Questions to prepare for:
- Can you please give us an overview of yourself on a personal and professional level?
- What has been your biggest career achievement to date?
- What has been your biggest career challenge – how did you overcome it?
- What’s your typical approach to new business opportunities – generating and closing?
- Have you been in a scenario where you have had to completely adapt your approach and if so, how did you go about this?
- How would you feel if you didn’t hit your targets two quarters in a row?
- What’s your biggest weakness?
- What type of position do you envisage yourself being in in three years’ time?
- What do you feel ‘success’ is?
- Have you ever been criticized by a client or customer – if so, why?
- Do you regularly hit targets, if not were there any specific reasons and what did you learn from it?
- How would you go about selling our brand and product/service from what you know about us?
- Why are you interested in this role?
Questions to prepare:
- What are the mid and long term goals of the company? How does the sales team fit into this plan?
- What challenges are the business and the sector facing at the moment if any?
- Why do you feel this company is better than your competitors? What are you doing that they’re not?
- What made you join the company?
- What is the culture of the business like?
- What are the key attributes of your most successful sales people? How is the team structured?
- What are the main responsibilities of this role? What would be expected of me in the first year?
- What would my targets be? How many of the sales team reached their targets last year?
- What are the main objections the sales team face when selling the product/service?
- What is the progression path for this role?
- What obstacles do you think I would face coming in to this role?
Where do you want to go next?
> Browse our latest sales jobs
> Contact a member of our sales recruitment consultants
> Send us your CV and we'll contact you about our latest opportunities
0 Comments :