Questions you may be asked in a web developer interview
Preparation is key, don't get caught out in your next job interview. We've collated a range of interview questions that you may be asked if you are going for a role as a web developer.
Posted by Nadia Elkheir, Digital Recruiter, Sunday January 31 2016
These are some interview questions you may come across when going for an interview for a Web Developer job. These roles can be contract or permanent but the questions stay relatively the same. I recruit for various technology and digital projects and the most prosperous candidates are those who can explain in detail about their development tasks, have a problem solving mind-set and a great portfolio.
Job Interview Questions
- What industry sites and blogs do you read regularly?
- Why did you get into coding?
- Going forward, what skills are you most interested in learning?
- What sized websites have you worked on previously?
- Show me your code/GitHub account/portfolio!
- From a web development perspective, what are a few sites you appreciate and why?
- What’s your favourite development language and why? If you could add any more features to this, what would it be?
- What are a few personal web projects you are undertaking at the moment?
- If I pull up the website you’ve built and it shows a blank page in the browser, what are the steps you would undertake to resolve the problem.
- What web browser do you use and what toolbars do you have installed to enhance your experience?
- What’s the real difference between HTML and HTML5?
- What are some new HTML5 mark-up elements?
- What are the new image elements in HTML5?
- What are some of the major API’s that come with the standard HTML5?
- If my hyperlink or image is not displaying correctly, what is wrong with it?
- Have you used MVC before? What do you like/dislike about it?
- What are the differences between AngularJS and Backbone.js?
- What is the difference between null and undefined?
- Have you used Sass? What do you like about it?
- How comfortable are you in writing HTML by hand? (This may include an exercise)
- Can you write table-less XHTML?
- Can you fix this broken code?
- What is the difference between <div> and <frame>?
- How do you optimize a website’s assets?
- What are three ways to reduce page load time?
- What kind of things would you have to look out for when designing or developing multilingual sites?
- What is the syntax difference between a bulleted list and numbered list?
- What is the new DOCTYPE?
I hope these questions help you to prepare for your next digital role, if you would like any more advice then please feel free to get in touch with a member of the digital recruitment team here at Reuben Sinclair.
Where would you like to go next?
0 Comments :