30 Sales Interview Questions To Prepare For
If you are going for a sales position then you ultimately have to make sure that you are able to promote yourself. To help you succeed I have collated a list of questions you may be asked.
Posted by William Ong, Sales Recruiter, Monday January 11 2016
If you are going for a sales position then you ultimately have to make sure that you are able to promote yourself. To help you succeed I have collated a list of questions you may be asked. My successful candidates get the job because they are able to confidently answers most of the below questions – make sure you put the leg work in if you really want to get the job.
Entry level sales interview questions
- What motivates you as a sales professional?
- How comfortable are you with cold-calling?
- How would you describe your ideal sales manager?
- How do you feel about meeting face to face with clients and giving presentations?
- What skills do you believe make for a great sales representative?
- Why did you choose sales as a profession?
- How would you describe the selling style of your former manager?
- Where would you like to see yourself improve in the area of sales?
- Can you give me an example of where you have had to demonstrate resilience
- What sales personalities do you admire and why?
Mid-level sales interview questions
- What traits do you believe make up the most effective sales representatives?
- What sales quotas are you accustomed to?
- How long was the average sales cycle at your previous jobs?
- How would you describe your sales technique?
- How much was an average sale at your previous position?
- Can you give me an example of a complex contract negotiation you’ve completed and how you did it?
- What are some common hurdles you’re facing right now as a sales representative in your current position?
- Give me an example of how you handled a difficult client in order to get the sale, and what did you learn from the experience?
- How would you describe your ideal sales position? How did your past company obtain its leads?
- How closely do you work with other divisions?
Senior sales management/Director interview questions
- What is your typical average order value and what’s the largest deal you’ve secured to date?
- What percentage of leads did you convert into sales at your past job?
- How would you describe your ideal sales lead?
- Can you give me an example pitch of the product or service you were selling at your previous position?
- Who were your most profitable target markets at your previous jobs?
- Who would you say our largest competitors are and what are they doing well?
- How would you sell our brand in 30 seconds? What USP’s do we have?
- Where do you rank in your sales team for revenue generated YTD?
- YOY targets for the last 3 years – percentage of targets achieved.
- What is your sales approach for a new prospect?
Where do you want to go next?
> Browse our latest sales jobs
> Contact a member of our sales recruitment consultants
> Send us your CV and we'll contact you about our latest opportunities
0 Comments :